Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Official OPA MicroFIT Contract Offered

Yesterday was a great day when I checked my email and found that the OPA had offered me the final Contract that will pay me 80.2 cents/kWh for the next 20 years. This is the MicroFIT contract in Ontario.

My connection date to the grid was December 3rd so Any power generated since then will be eligible for payment.

I accepted the offer which requried information on the Ontario content rules. I only needed 40% content rule because my conditional contract was from 2010. New content rules for 2011 I believe are 60% Ontario content. I will elaborate more on this in the future!

It took about 7 weeks (plus the Christmas break) to get my local distribution company (LDC) and a couple emails to LDC to get them to send the OPA my connection information and then another week for OPA to finalize the contract and offer it to me.

So, I guess that means that I just have to wait because the cheque should be in the mail soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment